Monday, October 22, 2012


ELECTED OFFICIALS VOTE AGAINST HOMEOWNERS


I follow Foreclosure Attorney, Evan M. Rosen on Twitter.  I am unclear how I found his blog but, the information is useful and educational. 

Foreclosure Attorney, Evan M. Rosen wrote an article September 2012 regarding House Bill HB213 called the “Fair Foreclosure Act” that is intended to streamline the process of foreclosure and restrict homeowner’s rights.  This bill was passed 94-17.  This bill was not fair to homeowners but was very generous to the big  bad banks.  

As Mr. Rosen indicates, “94 of Florida’s elected officials voted to allow banks to kick Floridians out of their homes faster!”   He suggests that we check how our House Representative voted, so I did.  Even though the odds were against me, I thought I would check for myself.  Much to my displeasure I found that Nelson and Diaz both voted in favor of HB213.  Sadly these are our elected officials and their responsibility should be to their constituents / citizens.   Mr. Nelson and Mr. Diaz this time YOU FAILED US!  WE WILL VOTE AGAIN !

I also follow 4Closure Fraud on Twitter.  Again, I am unable to tell you how I began following them nor can I tell you who writes their blog.  I find them interesting, current and informative.  4Closure Fraud also wrote on the SB 1890, the same bill mentioned by Mr. Rosen HR(213).  The "Fair Foreclosure Act" did not pass Senate fortunately for us. 

The fact that it did not pass does not mean we can let our guards down.  We must call our elected officials  to voice our opinion and vote against the politicians that voted in favor of this law.  There is strength in numbers !    Please stand up and be counted !    VOTE it is your right !






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and tell your own personal story!